Sunday, June 2, 2013

Tool 11: Self-Assessing and Reflecting

1. The three tools I like the most are WallWisher, TodaysMeet, and DropBox. I plan to use WallWisher next year when I am teaching second grade for book clubs. Instead of meeting as a group, the kids could meet on WallWisher and have their book discussion. I think the kids will really enjoy doing this because it is different and fun.

2. I am going to use technology as much as possible with my students. I think it is a great way to engage them and allow them to show their learning in a new and exciting way. There are no changes I would need to make to my classroom to her incorporate technology more.

3. I am surprised by how easy it is to use online tools. This makes me feel more confident that the students could learn to use them easily. I am also surprised by how many different ideas you can get from searching blogs.

1 comment:

  1. You might also want to look at edmodo as a vehicle for online book discussions. You can set up small groups so you can have different groups reading different novels.

    I'm glad you have enjoyed the tools you have learned and look forward to learning from you and your students next year.

    PS. You may need to think about how you're going to organize and develop routines with your students for the devices and tools...

    ReplyDelete